Huwebes, Setyembre 17, 2015

Walk and Wok : A Gastronomic Adventure at Binondo Manila

How far can your Php 300.00 can go for an authentic Chinese food trip?
The answer? BINONDO!

PLEASE BRING A LOT OF ENERGY FOR WALKING

We were three in the group and agreed to contribute Php 300.00 each.
(We had Php 900.00 to spend for this food trip.)

Was the map helpful? Honestly, no! (Wala akong sense of direction eh)
I have a list of restaurants to visit (15 on my list), and end up visiting 7 resto. 
8 restaurants were left unvisited (This gives us the reason to have 2nd food trip. When? I hope before this year ends.)

Delicious Restaurant
Gonzalo Puyat st.



What we ordered: Siopao (ASADO & BOLA-BOLA)
Price: P44.00 each 
Verdict: (I might be bias because I love Asado more than Bola-bola). For me, the taste is ordinary, nothing too special.
*Am I willing to visit the place again? Maybe and try other foods they offer.

(ang siopao ng Binondo at Bicol pare-pareho lang, Bola-bola. Pare-pareho lang) -Ano daw?

Lan Zhou La Mien
818 Benavidez st.

What we ordered: Fried Pork dumpling (with Kuchay) 
Price: P200.00 (15 pcs.)
Drink: Jasmine tea [(I just assumed that it was a Jasmine tea) complimentary drink] 
Verdict: The dumpling tastes good and the sauce (dipping) enhances the taste. Awesome!
Concern: It took us time waiting for our order
*Their best seller is the beef noodles but we opted to try dumplings since Emark doesn't eat beef and we don't want to get full yet eating noodles.



Shanghai Fried Siopao
Ongpin cor. Bahamas st.


What we ordered: Fried Siopao
Price: P 18.00
Verdict: Not the typical siopao that we used to eat. Not "fried" but what makes it unique is that the bottom part is toasted. It doesn't have  sauce but it is really delicious. I will definitely visit this place again.

*We were eating siopao while heading to our next destination


Estero Fastfood (LGA Fast Food)
Ongpin st.


What we ordered: Chilli-Garlic Fried Frog Legs
Price: P 130.00
Verdict: as they said, it tastes like chicken (I forgot what it tastes like since I don't eat chicken because I have allergy). As for me, it tastes like meat. Hirap i-explain but yummy. The chilli and garlic compliments and upgrades the flavor.


*The place might be unappealing since it is located beside the "estero" but we had a pleasant stay.
*It was the first time that I ever tasted fried frog. (congrats to me).

Lord Stow's Bakery
G/f Unit E. Imperial Sky Garden, 707 Ongpin st.


What we ordered: Egg Tart
Price: P 42.00
Verdict: Flaky crust, creamy and not too sweet


*At first, I was a bit hesitant to try their egg tart because again, I have allergy (egg). But I think eating egg tart didn't hurt. :)


Cafe Mezzanine ; Eng Bee Tin
650 Ongpin cor. Yuchengco st.
Cafe Mezzanine
What we ordered: Kiampong & Siomai (4 pcs.)
Price: P 42.00 & P 50.00
Verdict: Kiampong rice that was served to us was without nuts (I don't know why). It taste a little bit salty compared to plain rice and the sticky one. But it goes well with the siomai.


Eng Bee Tin (pasalubong)
I bought their Hopia
Ube Langka (P 48.00)
Ube Queso (P 48.00)
Ube (P 50.00)
Custard (P 50.00)
*It needs to be consumed within 5 days after being purchase.

Dong Bei Dumpling
642 Yuchengco cor. V. Tytana st.


What we ordered: Pork with kuchay (14 pcs,)
Price: P 120.00
Verdict: Aside from being pizza monster, I'm a self-confessed dumpling person. I love the taste especially the strong flavour coming from Kutchay.
*They serve freshly handmade dumplings.
*The place is quite small with just 5 or 6 tables.
*Their dumplings are worth the travel time from Laguna to Binondo.
*The best way to end our food trip. My craving for dumplings was satisfied.

We enjoyed watching how dumplings are being done.

Total expenses:

Delicious Restaurant
Php 88.00
Lan Zhou La Mien
200.00
Shanghai Fried Siopao
54.00
LGA Fastfood
130.00
Lord Stow’s Bakery
126.00
Cafe Mezzanine
72.00
Dong Bei Dumpling
120.00
Total
Php 810.00

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento